Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

#1 Biggest Beauty Sin

Sleeeeping with your makeup on...and believe me, I'm just as guilty too!


You know after a really long night of partying or a really long day at school...
all you want to do is walk in the door when you get home and face plant? I have these
days all the time it seems. I have been trying to get better at taking my makeup off before I go
to sleep so my face can breathe! Sometimes I think ohh what's a few hours, I will wash it in the
morning. Unfortunately, those few hours can make a huge difference in the health of your skin,
so I’ve rounded up the top reasons why you should wash your face every night, no excuses...
1.) Wrinkles: Preventative skin care is one of the best ways of keeping your skin look young and smooth in the years to come. By not cleansing your skin at night and allowing it to breath while you rest, you’re adding years to the look of your face in the long run. Wipe off the stuff every pm and you’ll thank yourself in 10, 15, and 20 years.

2.) Acne: Even if you’re not prone to acne, it can easily develop if you’re lazy about removing your makeup. While you sleep, your skin produces oil which gets trapped in the pores by the layers of makeup you left on your skin, making them clogged and likely to break out.

3.) Rashes and Infections: As if the other reasons weren’t enough to scare you off sleeping with your sparkles on, this should. Sleeping with makeup on your face can cause it to flake off into your eye area, leading to skin rashes or eye infections such as pink eye, or even corneal ulcers!! These are serious and scary infections that have to be treated by an M.D. and may even require surgery in extreme circumstances. This is not something to play around with.

**At the very least I will just use a makeup remover wipe. My very favorite are:
Neutrogena Make -up Remover Cleansing Towelettes $6
These make-up remover wipes are sooo amazing and even
remove waterproof mascara :)


and these can be found at most local drugstores or walmart!!
XO- D

No comments:

Post a Comment